Creamy Mushroom Bow Ties
“This pasta dish has become one of our favorites,” reports Dodi Walker of Peachtree City, Georgia. “It is so easy! But it tastes like it took much longer in the kitchen than it does. Some of our friends don’t eat red meat, so I sometimes serve this as a meatless main dish. It’s wonderful with a salad and a loaf of French bread.”
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the mushrooms, salt and pepper in butter until
- tender. Add spreadable cheese and broth; cook and stir until
- blended. Drain pasta; add to skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 9
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 296 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.