Creamy Monterey Jack Soup Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, tomato and chilies. Bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk, soup and garlic salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Place cheese cubes in serving bowls; ladle hot soup over cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 314 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1158mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Creamy Monterey Jack Soup
"I couldn't make this as it had way too much sodium. If the canned soups weren't included but fresh vegetables some of the salt could be left out and it would be healthier."
"I disliked the after taste the onion soup left."
"This is great, however if you add a can of condenced cheddar cheese soup in place of the cream of onion soup, it is a little richer."