Creamy Monterey Jack Soup Recipe
"This mild comforting soup can be made in a matter of minutes," writes Shannette Matlock of Louisville, Kentucky. "Served a s a first course, it upgrades any meal from so-so to wow!"
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, tomato and chilies. Bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk, soup and garlic salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Place cheese cubes in serving bowls; ladle hot soup over cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 314 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,158 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC