Creamy Mint Carrots Recipe
I grow a lot of mint, so I'm always looking for creative way to cook with it. This delicious recipe is my son's favorite way to eat carrots.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 to 3 teaspoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place carrots in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a boil. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrots. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 204 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Mint Carrots
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC