Creamy Mint Carrots
I grow a lot of mint, so I'm always looking for creative way to cook with it. This delicious recipe is my son's favorite way to eat carrots.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 to 3 teaspoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil;
- reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender;
- drain. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a boil. Stir in
- cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrots. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 204 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.