I grow a lot of mint, so I'm always looking for creative way to cook with it. This delicious recipe is my son's favorite way to eat carrots.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 to 3 teaspoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a boil. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrots. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Mint Carrots in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p41
Reviews for Creamy Mint Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review