Creamy Microwave Scalloped Potatoes
"These creamy potatoes taste much better than those made from a boxed mix," assures Betty Menerey from Auburn, Michigan. "It's a tradition to prepare them for family gatherings. I usually double the recipe and use one can of cream of chicken soup and one can of cream of mushroom soup."
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine soup and milk until blended.
- Stir in the potatoes, cheddar cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Cover
- and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes; stir. Cook 7-9 minutes longer
- or until the potatoes are tender; stir. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 178 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.