Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
I love potatoes, mashed ones especially. This company-worthy version is a great accompaniment to the beef roast I serve at our holiday meal. Cream cheese adds richness while garlic delivers distinctive flavor.
- 5 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Place potatoes and garlic in a large bowl. Add cream cheese, milk, butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth.
- 3. Transfer potato mixture to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with onions and paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 238 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC