I love potatoes, mashed ones especially. This company-worthy version is a great accompaniment to the beef roast I serve at our holiday meal. Cream cheese adds richness while garlic delivers distinctive flavor.
- 5 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large bowl. Add cream cheese, milk, butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with onions and paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p31
Reviews for Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review