Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large bowl. Add cream cheese, milk, butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with onions and paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Mashed Potatoes(4)
Sort By :
Great recipe! I used Yukon gold potatoes and it was a hit. Best mashed pototoes I've ever had and the cream cheese is the secret!
These are fine mashed potatoes, nothing spectacular. There are other great mashed potato recipes on this website.
These are delicious! The garlic taste is subtle, but not overwhelming....the cheese adds a creaminess. My guests and I thought they were wonderful, definitely tastier than just plain mashed potatoes.
Potatoes were very good and tasty, but nothing out of the ordinary. I needed to add more milk than was called for.