Creamy Mashed Potato Bake Recipe
I've shared this recipe so often that my friends call it "Margie's Potatoes." You can serve it as a side for beef, poultry, pork, lamb and fish.—Margery Richmond, Fort Collins, Colorado
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the remaining ingredients; beat until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 185 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC