Creamy Marinara Tortellini Recipe
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Marinara
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine marinara sauce and cream. Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add the artichokes, thyme and oil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Drain tortellini; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 418 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.