Creamy Marinara Tortellini Recipe
Travel to Italy without leaving your kitchen with Sarah Vasques' no-hassle pasta combination. By adding artichoke hearts and rich cream, the Milford, New Hampshire cook turns regular marinara into a special sauce. “Serve it with a garden salad and garlic bread,” she suggests.
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine marinara sauce and cream. Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the artichokes, thyme and oil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Drain tortellini; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Marinara Tortellini in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Marinara Tortellini(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Pasta >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >