Creamy Mango Loaf Cake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free half-and-half
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces)
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk half-and-half and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in mango.
- 2. Cut cake horizontally into three layers; spread pudding mixture between layers and over top of cake. Top with kiwi. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 207 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Mango Loaf Cake
"Speaking on the presentation...beautiful. Where did you get the loaf cake?"
"While this tasted good the presentation was poor. I used mango and strawberries. The pudding was the poblem it got liquidy and made the cake soggy. The filling oozed out everywhere."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.