Creamy Mango Loaf Cake
For a refreshing finale, I dresses up prepared angel food cake with a handful of items; this recipe is the luscious result. If your family doesn't like mango, replace it with a cup of any other diced fruit. It tops off a meal deliciously.—Linda McLyman, Syracuse, New York
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free half-and-half
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces)
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk half-and-half and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Fold in mango.
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers; spread pudding mixture
- between layers and over top of cake. Top with kiwi. Refrigerate for
- at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 207 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now