For a refreshing finale, I dresses up prepared angel food cake with a handful of items; this recipe is the luscious result. If your family doesn't like mango, replace it with a cup of any other diced fruit. It tops off a meal deliciously.—Linda McLyman, Syracuse, New York
- 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free half-and-half
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces)
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk half-and-half and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in mango.
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers; spread pudding mixture between layers and over top of cake. Top with kiwi. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Mango Loaf Cake in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p20
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Mango Loaf Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review