Creamy Mandarin Cooler
This frothy and flavorful concoction is as fast to fix as it is to refresh. Renee Richardson says it makes a delicious splash at breakfast or any other time of day. "It tastes like an old-fashioned Dreamsicle," she notes from her kitchen in Pounding Mill, Virginia.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) fat-free reduced-sugar orange creme yogurt
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 12 to 15 ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the milk, orange juice, oranges, yogurt,
- pudding mix and ice cubes; cover and process for 20 seconds or until
- smooth. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled glasses; serve
- immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 99 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.