- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Stir in milk and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove potatoes from refrigerator and let stand while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
"Delicious and pretty simple to put together. Throw it in a disposable pan and there is no clean up the day you eat it. I melted the butter and cream cheese and heated the milk before adding to the potato."
"How many fantastics can a recipe get? Add one more! Such a hit at thanksgiving dinner. Will be making for holiday dinners, potlucks, etc. i used low fat sour cream and cream cheese, and it was still delicious!"
"This is excellent! wonderful taste! Best mashed potatoes recipe. Will be making time and time again."
"This is so delicious. Love that I can make it the day before!"
"I have been making this for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and lots of other special occasions. It is so delicious! Everyone loves this! I keep several copies in my recipe binders so that I will not be without it. Thanks for this wonderful recipe!"