- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Stir in milk and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove potatoes from refrigerator and let stand while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
"I love this recipe. For Thanksgiving, I left off the bacon and substituted shredded Parm instead of cheddar."
"Very good! On the rich side."
"These are by far the best mashed potatoes ever. I make them without the toppings (but with the cheese mixed in) for everyday meals, and the bacon, cheese and green onion toppings are perfect for holidays. The balance of the dairy products and seasonings is perfect, and ingredients are simple and usually on hand. They are even better reheated!"
"OMG, amazing!! Definitely making this again!"