- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Stir in milk and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove potatoes from refrigerator and let stand while oven heats. Bake, covered, about 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes more, or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
"One of my favorites, very good with or without bacon and cheese."
"I only made 1 change I eliminated the onion, I felt the garlic was enough. Yummo!! I did use light cream cheese & sour cream, no one noticed : ))"
"This was YUMMY! My husband couldn't get enough of it! Loved the flavour - rich and cheesy. It may not be so good for the waistline but we loved it, although I did use lite cream cheese and lite sour cream. 10/10. Thanks for a great recipe which we will definitely be having again."
"Delicious and pretty simple to put together. Throw it in a disposable pan and there is no clean up the day you eat it. I melted the butter and cream cheese and heated the milk before adding to the potato."
"This is excellent! wonderful taste! Best mashed potatoes recipe. Will be making time and time again."
"This is so delicious. Love that I can make it the day before!"
"This is a fantastic go to recipe for family dinners!"