Creamy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Stir in milk and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove potatoes from refrigerator and let stand while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes(57)
Sort By :
I don't like potatoes - but I love this dish! It was a hit at Thanksgiving for all!
Made this for Thanksgiving for 11 Guest and got nothing but RAVES fromALL !!
Family love's it
This dish has become a "regular" in our family. WONDERFUL! I add a chopped onion and use an entire package of bacon on the top. :-)
excellent excellent great for pot luck, will definitely make again
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >