Creamy Macaroni 'n' Cheese Recipe
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1-3/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1-3/4 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave onion on high for 1 minute or until tender; drain. Add the macaroni, cheddar cheese and parsley; set aside.
- In a blender, combine the milk, cottage cheese, mustard, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Stir into macaroni mixture.
- Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Macaroni 'n' Cheese
Sort By :
I didn't include the onions when I made this recipe, but it was still really good. I've never had a macaroni and cheese like this one before, but this will probably be what I think of the next time I start craving macaroni and cheese. This is definitely going into my recipe book.
I've been making my own "higher fat/cal" mac 'n' cheese for 30+ years so it was hard to find a lower fat/cal recipe that was comparable. This one does the trick. I do have to admit that I still m iss my higher fat/cal version but will continue to use this one since I really want to cut back on my fat/cal intake.
This was good but my daughter wouldn't even try it even though she loves mac and cheese. But everyone else liked it!
I just had this with my family. Wow! Doesn't taste low fat at all! I made it as written, using 6 oz (1 1/2 cups) dry elbows and it came out delicious! I paired it with pecan crusted chicken also on TOH and canned corn for a truely wonderful comfort food family dinner. Not one complaint! Thanks for a great recipe!
I share this with my friends,yummmmm