Creamy Lime Sherbet Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- Dash salt
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 8 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in the sugar, limeade and salt until sugar is dissolved. Add remaining ingredients.
- 2. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When sherbet is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 2 quarts.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 177 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Lime Sherbet
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.