Creamy Lime Sherbet Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- Dash salt
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 8 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in the sugar, limeade and salt until sugar is dissolved. Add remaining ingredients.
- 2. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When sherbet is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 177 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (28g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Creamy Lime Sherbet
"Wonderful and tasty!"
"SORBET does not have dairy; sherbet DOES. I made this without an ice cream maker (time consuming, but doable!) and it is tasty."
"It was easy to make and make ahead to take along. Light and refreshing ."
"Delisous grandbabies love it and they love helping"
"Sherbet does have milk and this is delicious."
"@ lucy: LMGTFY (let me google that for you) Googled "sugar free desserts, and got 18,600,000 entries. Or try www.recipes.splenda.com, lot's of good stuff there. This recipe, while more of an ice-cream than a sherbet, is excellent- both in taste and texture!"
"this is very good but how a bout a wat to make these recipes with spelda would be nie just a thougt from some one who would love all these thing i can not eat and is killing me ,,,lucy"
"This is ice cream, not sherbert."
"This turned out perfect, now I want to try adding other flavors!"
"I always heard that sherberts did not use milk or cream.So??"
"This is so refreshing on a hot day. Super yummy lime flavor, I'm thinking of adding a little mint to it this summer. This is a keeper!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.