Creamy Lime Sherbet Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- Dash salt
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 8 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in the sugar, limeade and salt until sugar is dissolved. Add remaining ingredients.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When sherbet is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Lime Sherbet(11)
Sort By :
Wonderful and tasty!
SORBET does not have dairy; sherbet DOES. I made this without an ice cream maker (time consuming, but doable!) and it is tasty.
It was easy to make and make ahead to take along. Light and refreshing .
Delisous grandbabies love it and they love helping
Sherbet does have milk and this is delicious.