Creamy Lime Potato Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Cool potatoes for 10 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, thyme, lime peel, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 5 servings, 3/4 cups per serving.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 158 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.