Not only is this change-of-pace salad good served cold, but it is absolutely fantastic when it's warmed a tad. The recipe came from my daughter, who likes to use lime juice and lime peel for a unique flair. -Angela Accorinti of Okeana, Ohio
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Cool potatoes for 10 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, thyme, lime peel, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 5 servings, 3/4 cups per serving.
Originally published as Creamy Lime Potato Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p39
Reviews for Creamy Lime Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review