This rich, frothy beverage from Arlyne Murphy of Somers, New York is refreshing any time of year. But its fresh, tropical taste really beats the heat on warm summer days.
Recommended: Summer Farmers Market Recipes
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a blender, combine the pineapple juice, lime juice, confectioners' sugar, and lime peel; cover and process until blended. Add ice cream; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Lime Coolers in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p58
Reviews for Creamy Lime Coolers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2016
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2015
"Easy, creamy and delicious. What more could you ask for?"