Creamy Lettuce Salad Recipe
Round out the fast feast with quick-to-fix Creamy Lettuce Salad. "This recipe is a family favorite I recall my mom serving often when I was growing up," relates Jacquie Troutman of Zephyrhills, Florida. "She particularly liked it because it was so easy to make and called for things she usually had on hand." A sweet dressing tops packaged salad greens that are dressed up with hard-cooked eggs, tomato and onion.
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1. Cut one egg into wedges for garnish; set aside. Chop remaining eggs. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomato, onion and eggs.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Garnish with reserved egg wedges. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 168 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC