Creamy Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Cut one egg into wedges for garnish; set aside. Chop remaining eggs. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomato, onion and eggs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Garnish with reserved egg wedges. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Lettuce Salad
Sort By :
Easy to make and I had all the ingredients on hand. Even my non salad eating boys liked it so it is a keeper. Used Smart Beat instead of Mayo and it still tasted excellent. Will try the bacon next time as another reviewer suggested.
I remember this recipe too! I did add some crumbled bacon to make it taste more like a BLT. I also only used leaf lettuce because I remember as it would be tossed it would shrink. Completely normal for this recipe, a true classic!
Simple and tasty and I had all the ingredients on hand - it doesn't get much better than that!! I personally love the dressing, but only one other family member chose to use it - the others used bottled dressing. I have made this twice and will certainly make it again.