This bright rice dish has a creamy texture that's reminiscent of a lemon risotto, but without all the fuss. Keep this one in your back pocket for hosting dinner guests—or a great side any old day! —Lyndsay Wells, Ladysmith, BC
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- In a saucepan, combine first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Lemon Rice in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017
Reviews for Creamy Lemon Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2017
"I LOVE THIS RICE!! This is a super easy recipe with on-hand ingredients."
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2017
"Was tasty. Husband isn't a rice fan but liked this. It took longer to asorb the liquid than the recipe called for."