Creamy Lemon Milk Shakes
Several different recipes inspired the combination of ingredients I use in these shakes, and I'm glad they did! They're so refreshing. —Carol Gillespie, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons crushed lemon drop candies
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 small lemon, cut into six slices, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups lemon sorbet
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a shallow dish, mix crushed lemon drops and sugar. Using 1 or 2
- lemon slices, moisten the rims of four glasses; dip rims into candy
- Place remaining ingredients in a blender; cover and process until
- smooth. Pour into prepared glasses; serve immediately with remaining
- lemon slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 361 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.