Creamy Lemon-Herb Dressing
This dressing for vegetables is so easy, I make it the night before Thanksgiving to save time. We like it over asparagus, but try serving it with green beans or broccoli for an equally delicious and eye-pleasing side dish.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovy fillets, drained, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a blender, combine the mayonnaise, whipped cream, onions, parsley,
- anchovy if desired, chives and lemon juice; cover and process until
- smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Yield: 2-1/2 cups dressing.
Editor's Note: To serve over asparagus, in a skillet, cook the asparagus in a 1/2 in. of small water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Spoon dressing over asparagus.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 133 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.