Creamy Lemon-Herb Dressing Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovy fillets, drained, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a blender, combine the mayonnaise, whipped cream, onions, parsley, anchovy if desired, chives and lemon juice; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2-1/2 cups dressing.
Editor's Note: To serve over asparagus, in a skillet, cook the asparagus in a 1/2 in. of small water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Spoon dressing over asparagus.
2 tablespoons: 133 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.