Creamy Lemon Chicken Soup Recipe
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 medium carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Add the chicken and rice. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Whisk together eggs and lemon juice; quickly stir into soup. Add oregano and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings.
1 cup: 133 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 10g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Creamy Lemon Chicken Soup
"Easy to make and delicious"
"followed the recipe exactly and i LOVED it! my husband thought it was too much lemon so next time i'll cut it to 1/4 c. but i loved it as is!"