Creamy Lemon Chicken Soup Recipe
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 medium carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Add the chicken and rice. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Whisk together eggs and lemon juice; quickly stir into soup. Add oregano and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium broth and bouillon) equals 133 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.