"Lemon juice gives this creamy soup its special taste," relates Elissa Armbruster of Medford Lakes, New Jersey. "Add a green salad and crusty rolls, and you have a crowd-pleasing meal on the table in minutes."
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 medium carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Add the chicken and rice. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Whisk together eggs and lemon juice; quickly stir into soup. Add oregano and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Lemon Chicken Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p52
Reviews for Creamy Lemon Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2014
"Easy to make and delicious"
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2011
"followed the recipe exactly and i LOVED it! my husband thought it was too much lemon so next time i'll cut it to 1/4 c. but i loved it as is!"