"Lemon juice gives this creamy soup its special taste," relates Elissa Armbruster of Medford Lakes, New Jersey. "Add a green salad and crusty rolls, and you have a crowd-pleasing meal on the table in minutes."
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 medium carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Add the chicken and rice. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Whisk together eggs and lemon juice; quickly stir into soup. Add oregano and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Lemon Chicken Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p52
Reviews for Creamy Lemon Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review