Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. Place a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 6-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and sugar until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Combine the sour cream, 4 teaspoons sugar and vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer.
- 5. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 6. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 7. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- 8. Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 260 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (28g sugars, trace fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Creamy Lemon Cheesecake
"I used full fat cream cheese & one of those store-bought shortbread crusts in the aluminum tins. Still turned out awesome. Same cooking time. I discovered (by careless accident) that it also turns out great if you forget the eggs. The cake was a hit with the family."
"MADE THIS RECIPE LAST WEEKEND AND LIKE MOST CHEESECAKES IT GETS BETTER WITH AGE. I DIDN'T DO THE LITE VERSION LOVE MY CREAM CHEESE TOO MUCH. WHAT I DID DIFFERENTY WAS I DIDN'T WRAP FOIL AROUND THE PAN AND I PLACED A BAKING PAN WITH HOT WATER IN IT ON THE SECOND RACK IN MY OVEN. LEARNED FROM EXPERIANCE CRUST GOES SOGGY THE OTHER WAY. OTHER THEN THAT A FANTASTIC RECIPE. DEPENDING ON YOUR OVEN COOKING TIME MAY VARY. THANKS! ANNE"
"Mjummm, it sounds delicious!!! I love lemon and creamcheese and now thery're combined on a delicious way! Thanks for sharing your lovely recvipe! Byerbye. :-) :-) :-)"
"Very good refreshing recipe. Next time I will omit the lemon zest from the filling. A little too much lemon. Otherwise very good. Also takes longer to make than recipe states."
"I think this is my favorite cheesecake ever. Be sure and make it ahead of time. My husband and I think it is even better the second day."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.