Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. Place a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 6-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and sugar until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Combine the sour cream, 4 teaspoons sugar and vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer.
- 5. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 6. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 7. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- 8. Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 260 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.