Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Place a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 6-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and sugar until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Combine the sour cream, 4 teaspoons sugar and vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Lemon Cheesecake(3)
Sort By :
Mjummm, it sounds delicious!!! I love lemon and creamcheese and now thery're combined on a delicious way! Thanks for sharing your lovely recvipe! Byerbye. :-) :-) :-)
Very good refreshing recipe. Next time I will omit the lemon zest from the filling. A little too much lemon. Otherwise very good. Also takes longer to make than recipe states.
I think this is my favorite cheesecake ever. Be sure and make it ahead of time. My husband and I think it is even better the second day.
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Lemon Cheesecakes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >