These refreshing delicacies caused a stir in the test kitchen. Are they cakes or bars? You’ll just have to try them and let us know what you think! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (16 ounces) lemon frosting
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In another bowl, beat frosting and cream cheese until smooth. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add eggs to remaining mixture; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Spread reserved frosting mixture over top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Lemon Cake Bars in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p39
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Lemon Cake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review