- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (16 ounces) lemon frosting
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In another bowl, beat frosting and cream cheese until smooth. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add eggs to remaining mixture; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Spread reserved frosting mixture over top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Lemon Cake Bars
"Good lemon bars. As the name suggests, they are more cake-like than creamy, but still good. Very easy to make also!"
"Sticky mess. Mediocre flavor."
"Good recipe and very simple and easy. Will make this again."
"Good recipe. I want to try with other flavored cake mixes like someone suggested. I don't know how grandmagoof8 took these to the neighbors without cutting them in squares and trying. You are a strong lady. :)"
"Hands down one of my favorite desserts! Wouldn't change a thing about the recipe! I'm not a huge lemon person, but these would convince anyone."