- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (16 ounces) lemon frosting
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In another bowl, beat frosting and cream cheese until smooth. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add eggs to remaining mixture; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Spread reserved frosting mixture over top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Lemon Cake Bars
Sort By :
Sticky mess. Mediocre flavor.
Good recipe and very simple and easy. Will make this again.
Good recipe. I want to try with other flavored cake mixes like someone suggested. I don't know how grandmagoof8 took these to the neighbors without cutting them in squares and trying. You are a strong lady. :)
Hands down one of my favorite desserts! Wouldn't change a thing about the recipe! I'm not a huge lemon person, but these would convince anyone.
It looked wonderful and smelled great but it was taken to some new neighbors. One of these days will have to make and try myself. Thanks for posting the recipe.