Creamy Layered Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Additional tortilla chips
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, olives and garlic salt; set aside. In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream and chilies; mix well. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer half of the tortilla chips, meat mixture, cottage cheese mixture and Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat layers. Top with additional tortilla chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 591 calories, 36 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,057 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Layered Casserole
"This makes a delicious supper. I didn't have Monterey Jack cheese. I used a combination of part Cheddar, part Colby, and part Pepper-Jack. I will keep serving this dish."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.