Creamy Lasagna Casserole Recipe
Satisfy your gang with this casserole sent in by Shelly Korell. The Eaton, Colorado reader whips up a rich combination or cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar cheese that she layers with lasagna noodles and a beefy sauce.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing YIELD:8-12 servings
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 to 14 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese and onions; mix well.
- 3. Spread about 1/2 cup meat sauce into each of two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Place two to three noodles in each dish, trimming to fit as necessary. Top each with about 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture and 2/3 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese over each.
- 4. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 1 month. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- 5. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 18 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4-6 servings each).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC