Creamy Lasagna Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 to 14 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese and onions; mix well.
- 3. Spread about 1/2 cup meat sauce into each of two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Place two to three noodles in each dish, trimming to fit as necessary. Top each with about 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture and 2/3 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese over each.
- 4. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 1 month. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- 5. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 18 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4-6 servings each).
Reviews for Creamy Lasagna Casserole
"I made this recipe to split with my mom. I made one with ground beef and one with turkey since she doesn't like beef. I dislike cottage cheese and ricotta so this recipe is perfect. I did add mozzarella with the cheddar. I had salad and garlic bread on the side. Yum."
"Instead of making 2 lasagnas, I put the whole thing in a 9x11 pan. I find it needs a little extra sauce, so I just put a little of whatever pasta sauce I have on hand over the top. I freeze leftovers in single serve portions. It freezes very well and keeps in the freezer a long time."
"I substituted mozzarella for the cheddar, and my family loved it! They are not fans of traditional lasagna because of the ricotta & cottage cheese so this recipe is awesome. This one will be made often!"
"So yummy! My family loved it."
"We love making lasagna this way. We don't use as much cream cheese, however. This recipe is so creamy!"
"Super Yum! Made this for my boyfriend and we both loved it. The onion was a surprise and it was really good. Had to use just one onion instead of 4 and less sour cream but more cream cheese which makes a difference! Will do it again for sure!"
"The perfect blend of cream, cheese, and sauce!!!! my children love it! I have made this dish for many people and everyone has good reviews! I use Turkey meat and low fat ingrediants and its still AMAZING!!!"
"This is hands down our FAVORITE lasagna recipe! Have made it 2 weeks in a row and gobbled it up both times!"
"Very yummy! Made it with spaghetti noodle because I didn't have lasagna noodles and I was hungry for lasagna."
"I made this for my daughter and husband. We loved this recipe. The combination of cream cheese and sour cream is very tasty. I made this for my family and they all loved it as well. I do not like lasagna with onion, peppers and tomoato chunks therefore this recipe was perfect! I will be making this again."
"I cut the recipe in half to make 1 casserole. Seemed like there was too much cheese mixture compared to the beef mixture, maybe I should have let it set longer. Very rich-one helping is plenty."
"Unusual and delicious! My husband and teenage son LOVED it so much, I had to make it again a week later!"
"This is amazing. I used sausage instead of hamburger and sharp cheddar. My family loved this more than my regular lasagna recipe!"
"sour cream didn't make it with my family. Thumbs down on making it again."
"I would make it my way.. Added spinach, italian sasuage, no sour cream, cottage cheese with chives. Classico spagetti sauce, 3 cheeses too. budwieser made it best."
"I liked this recipe, but my boyfriend absolutely LOVED this recipe, which is why I rated it five stars. It's good. I used soy ground "beef" and fat free cream cheese, and it was delicious. I also halved the recipe and made only one casserole instead of two. The next time, I will use more green onions, I think. I ate two small pieces for dinner, and then my boyfriend ate the rest in one sitting!"
"I made a huge batch of this. It tasted great (freezes very well). The only thing I added was some cottage cheese."
"Our family didn't care for this."
"I will definitely make this again. I added yellow onion and garlic when I cooked the ground beef. I used 1 lb beef and 1 lb sausage and I used an 8 ounce brick of cream cheese. I will make this over regular lasagna anytime."
"We love this recipe!"
"I thought this was awful, all I could taste was the sour cream. My husband, who will usually eat anything covered in cheese, did not care for it either. Definitely wasn't worth the calorie count either. Will not make again."
"I added more seasonings to the sauce and a little more hamburger and it turned out great."