Creamy Lasagna Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 to 14 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese and onions; mix well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup meat sauce into each of two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Place two to three noodles in each dish, trimming to fit as necessary. Top each with about 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture and 2/3 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese over each.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 1 month. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 18 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4-6 servings each).
Reviews for Creamy Lasagna Casserole
Sort By :
Instead of making 2 lasagnas, I put the whole thing in a 9x11 pan. I find it needs a little extra sauce, so I just put a little of whatever pasta sauce I have on hand over the top. I freeze leftovers in single serve portions. It freezes very well and keeps in the freezer a long time.
I substituted mozzarella for the cheddar, and my family loved it! They are not fans of traditional lasagna because of the ricotta & cottage cheese so this recipe is awesome. This one will be made often!
So yummy! My family loved it.
We love making lasagna this way. We don't use as much cream cheese, however. This recipe is so creamy!