- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 to 14 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese and onions; mix well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup meat sauce into each of two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Place two to three noodles in each dish, trimming to fit as necessary. Top each with about 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture and 2/3 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese over each.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 1 month. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 18 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4-6 servings each).
Reviews for Creamy Lasagna Casserole
"I made this recipe to split with my mom. I made one with ground beef and one with turkey since she doesn't like beef. I dislike cottage cheese and ricotta so this recipe is perfect. I did add mozzarella with the cheddar. I had salad and garlic bread on the side. Yum."
"Instead of making 2 lasagnas, I put the whole thing in a 9x11 pan. I find it needs a little extra sauce, so I just put a little of whatever pasta sauce I have on hand over the top. I freeze leftovers in single serve portions. It freezes very well and keeps in the freezer a long time."
"I substituted mozzarella for the cheddar, and my family loved it! They are not fans of traditional lasagna because of the ricotta & cottage cheese so this recipe is awesome. This one will be made often!"
"So yummy! My family loved it."