- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, milk, jalapenos, vinegar, cooked bacon and reserved drippings. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; dot with butter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Creamy Jalapeno Popper Dip
Sort By :
"This was excellent! Only had regular breadcrumbs and used pimento cheese spread that I had on hand, instead of cheddar. Will make again."
"I just made this and it was over the top delicious! I made one change, because I was out of Panko bread crumbs, I used crushed tortilla chips for the topping. WoW! Everyone loved it."
"Loved this. Instead of jalape?o peppers, I used 5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (removed the seeds to cut back on the heat). Doubled the bacon. Delish!"
"I tried some of this at a backyard BBQ...delish! Do you think it could be frozen??"
"This recipe is less work and easier to make than the individual poppers. Great for any gathering or party."