Creamy Jalapeno Corn
This comforting and creamy corn side dish is appealing to almost everyone. It gets its spicy kick from jalapeno peppers.Judy Carty, Wichita, Kansas
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on
- low for 4-5 hours or until corn is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 251 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.