Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package direction. In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil and butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add red pepper and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink. add wine or broth; cook for 2 minutes. Add the cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Drain pasta. In a large bowl, combine sausage mixture and pasta. Before serving, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 697 calories, 54 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta
"The entire family loved it. I used bowtie pasta (inst spiral), chicken broth (inst wine), light cream (inst heavy), and freshly grated parmesan (inst Romano). I omitted red pepper."
"Made a few changes to lighten the dish a little but wow this was delicious, definitely going in my recipe box."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.