My salad dressing calls for on-hand ingredients and complements any king of greens—from pre-bagged salad to fresh lettuce from our garden. What's more, it stays tasty for several days in the refrigerator.—Karalee Reinke, Omaha, Nebraska
- 4 to 5 cups mixed salad greens
- Sliced plum tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Divide greens and tomatoes among salad plates. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salads. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Italian Salad in Country Woman July/August 2002, p39
Reviews for Creamy Italian Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2010
"This is a keeper! Everyone enjoyed it and the dressing was even palatable to children that only like Ranch!"