Creamy Italian Potato Salad Recipe
I'm always on the lookout for potato salad recipes that are a little different, and this one certainly is! I found the basic recipe in a vegetarian cookbook and made a few changes in it to suit our individual tastes. —Jody Steinke, Nekoosa, Wisconsin
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (9 ounces) Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced in thin rings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender. While potatoes cool, combine remaining ingredients except parsley and oregano. Drain potatoes. While potatoes are still hot, stir in cheese mixture. Cover; chill. Just before serving, stir in parsley and oregano. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 217 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC