I made up this recipe one night when I was very tired and had no desire to wander around a grocery store trying to figure out what to make. To make the dish even more delicious, I sometimes top it with Parmesan or mozzarella cheese. Adding red pepper flakes gives it a little more kick.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine the chicken, tomatoes and Alfredo sauce; heat through. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Italian Pasta with Chicken in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p24
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Italian Pasta with Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review