- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- Fresh oregano leaves, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook 1 hour longer or until chicken is tender. Serve with pasta or rice. Garnish with oregano if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Italian Chicken
Sort By :
"Delicious, creamy and super easy!!! My three boys loved it as well as my 90 year old grandmother!!"
"i use bone in chicken, cook in crockpot , then pour some juice out debone & skin the chicken add soup, dressing & cream cheese. I make a cauliflower mash to go with & nice side salad, everyone loves it . Winner winner for this chicken dinner(:"
"Wonderful flavor and very easy to prepare. Will definitely make again."
"Our family really likes this dish. I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, so the sauce covers every bite. Been making this since it was put in the magazine years ago."