Creamy Italian Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- Fresh oregano leaves, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook 1 hour longer or until chicken is tender. Serve with pasta or rice. Garnish with oregano if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Italian Chicken(17)
Sort By :
I have been making this recipe for years, I just used frozen peas instead of mushrooms...it was wonderful. Thanks for the suggestions...something old is new again. Yum.
This goes into my "Guest Recipe" folder !! The only changes I made were to use 1/2 (16.oz) bottle of Italian Dressing, 1/2 package of cream cheese and cook for an additional 2 hrs. instead of 1.
Microwaving the soup and cream cheese a bit makes it easier to blend.
This is the best creamy chicken I've ever made! Delicious!
awesome , i really didnt think the soup & cream cheese was taste good but this was a very delicous meal i will definatly make again
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >