Creamy Italian Chicken
From Tallahassee, Florida, Maura McGee shares her recipe for tender chicken in a creamy sauce that gets fast flavor from salad dressing mix. Served over rice or pasta, it's rich, delicious and special enough for company.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- Fresh oregano leaves, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine salad dressing mix
- and water; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in
- mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook 1 hour longer or until chicken is
- tender. Serve with pasta or rice. Garnish with oregano if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.