Creamy Hot White Chocolate
We enjoy this hot beverage all year long, but especially around the holidays. It's a tasty change of pace from traditional hot chocolate. —Karen Riordan, Fern Creek, Kentucky
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1-1/3 cups white baking chips
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, chips, cinnamon sticks,
- cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are
- melted. Stir in remaining cream; heat through. Discard cinnamon
- sticks. Stir in vanilla. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 397 calories, 27 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.