We enjoy this hot beverage all year long, but especially around the holidays. It's a tasty change of pace from traditional hot chocolate. —Karen Riordan, Fern Creek, Kentucky
- 6 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1-1/3 cups white baking chips
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, chips, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Stir in remaining cream; heat through. Discard cinnamon sticks. Stir in vanilla. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Hot White Chocolate in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p106
Reviews for Creamy Hot White Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"Every since I made this is has been requested over and over each year! Very good!"
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2009
"I make this once a year in December. It's our holiday tradition to start the Christmas season."