We enjoy this hot beverage all year long, but especially around the holidays. It's a tasty change of pace from traditional hot chocolate. —Karen Riordan, Fern Creek, Kentucky
- 6 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1-1/3 cups white baking chips
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, chips, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Stir in remaining cream; heat through. Discard cinnamon sticks. Stir in vanilla. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Hot White Chocolate in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p106
Reviews for Creamy Hot White Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011 Edited Dec. 14, 2015
"Every since I made this it is has been requested over and over again each year! Very good!"
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2009
"I make this once a year in December. It's our holiday tradition to start the Christmas season."