Creamy Hot Chocolate
Flo Snodderly of North Vernon, Indiana needs just a few basic ingredients to stir up her spirit-warming sipper. The comforting beverage is smooth and not too sweet, making it just right for cozy winter days.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the cocoa, milk and salt. Cook and stir
- over medium heat. Gradually add water; cook and stir until heated
- through. Stir in vanilla. Top each serving with marshmallows if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 176 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.