Creamy Herbed Vegetables Recipe
We always pass this dish to Dad first, since he likes the creamy herbed combination so much. He rates it tops among all the trimmings served for the turkey dinner when our gang of more than 20 gathers to celebrate. —Keri Scofield Lawson, Fullerton, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min. YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon each rubbed sage, dried thyme, parsley flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pearl onions, drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen baby carrots
- 1. Melt butter in a large saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Add onions, peas and carrots. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 134 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC